Woman, 17, and her boyfriend, 16, are charged with homicide for ‘killing her mother and stealing her automobile earlier than being stopped by cops for dashing at 111mph’
- Hannah Thomas, 17, and Richard Avila, 16, have been charged in homicide case
- New York police mentioned teenagers shot useless Otillia Piros, Thomas’ mom, in her residence
- Piros, 36, was shot within the head twice someday between December 28 and 29
- Police mentioned teenagers are residents of Arizona and had been visiting Piros for holidays
- Authorities mentioned after allegedly capturing Piros, the teenagers stole her automobile
- Police stopped the pair after they had been reportedly driving 111mph in Missouri
- They’ve been charged with second-degree homicide and can are nonetheless in custody in Missouri ready switch to New York
Hannah Thomas, 17, and her boyfriend Richard Avila, 16, have been charged with homicide for allegedly killing her mom, 36-year-old Otillia Piros (pictured) in New York
A 17-year-old woman and her boyfriend have been charged with homicide for allegedly killing her mom and stealing her automobile in New York earlier than being stopped by Missouri police for touring 111mph.
Chief Drew Forsythe of the Greece Police Division on Tuesday introduced homicide fees in opposition to Hannah Thomas and Richard Avila, 16, within the killing of Otillia Piros, 36, at her residence in Greece, New York, throughout a press convention.
Forsythe known as the killing ‘egregious and sickening,’ and mentioned that the youngsters had shot Piros twice within the head someday between December 28 and 29.
‘What makes this case much more egregious and sickening is the truth that Otillia was executed in her own residence by the hands of her daughter and her daughter’s boyfriend,’ Forsythe mentioned.
The youngsters are residents of Arizona and had been visiting Piros over the vacations, police mentioned.
They had been stopped for dashing on December 29 driving west by way of Saint Robert, Missouri, and police there determined to name the division in Greece to substantiate that Piros had given them permission to make use of her automobile.
Based on WHAM, an officer pulled the automobile over for touring 111mph. Authorities mentioned Avila was driving and Thomas was within the passenger seat.
Courtroom paperwork allege that Thomas claimed the automobile belonged to her grandmother.
Thomas later admitted that the automobile was her mother’s and that her mom had given the automobile to her.
Authorities additionally mentioned that the visitors cease led them to conducting a welfare name at Piros’ West Parkway residence, which led to officers discovering her physique.
Police mentioned they discovered a handgun within the automobile and a ballistics evaluation signifies it was the gun used within the killing.
Forsythe didn’t speculate on a motive for the killing.
They’ve each been charged with second-degree homicide and second-degree prison possession of a weapon.
The 2 youngsters stay in custody in Missouri ready switch to New York.
It was not instantly clear if the pair had attorneys to characterize them.