If you happen to’ve ever struggled to promote your own home after placing it available on the market, spare a thought for the homeowners of those properties which have been listed for as much as almost 9 years with out a purchaser.
A £325,000 three-bedroom indifferent bungalow in Leicester has been on sale since February 22, 2012 – the longest time of any property in Britain, regardless of having an ‘glorious sized loft’ and backyard with paved space.
Different properties available on the market for a really very long time embody a £57,000 studio flat in Leeds since December 2013 and a £100,000 flat in Nottingham and £1.35million deluxe residence in Central London, each since 2014.
Additionally within the high ten are a £280,000 cottage in South Yorkshire since 2014, a £118,000 semi-detached home in West Yorkshire since 2015 and an £89,000 three-bedroom home in Middlesbrough since July 2015.
The info was compiled by Online Mortgage Advisor which present in a research that Oxford is the slowest space of Britain to promote a house, the place properties take a median of 152 days to promote with a median worth of £400,000.
Different areas which take a very long time to promote in embody Middlesbrough, which has a median of 149 days regardless of the typical worth being simply £108,999, whereas in third place is Slough, with a median of 148 days.
The city is adopted intently by Blackpool in fourth with a median of 146 days available on the market, earlier than London in fifth. Properties within the capital take 138 days to promote on common, which is 37 days longer than the UK common.
Additional areas to make the ten slowest promoting areas within the research embody Sunderland (130 days), Lincoln (127 days), Newcastle-upon-Tyne (121 days); Bournemouth (115 days) and Blackburn (114 days).
However areas together with Edinburgh (45 days), Glasgow (47 days), Dundee (72 days) and Coventry (74 days) are among the many quickest for promoting a home, with speedy gross sales additionally in and Stoke-on-Trent, Bristol and Mansfield.
Listed here are the 15 properties which have been on the property market by way of Rightmove for the longest time in Britain, as of November 2020:
1) This three-bedroom bungalow in Leicester has been available on the market since February 22, 2012 – the longest time of any property in Britain. The £325,000 indifferent dwelling has an ‘glorious sized loft’, based on property brokers Spencers of Oadby
2) A studio flat inside this pupil improvement in Leeds is on sale for £57,000 to money consumers solely as an funding alternative. It was first put available on the market on December 12, 2013 as a flat inside a pupil unit of 4 or six bedrooms
3) A £100,000 ground-floor flat with two bedrooms and a automobile parking area in an residence improvement close to Nottingham metropolis centre is listed as chain free, however has thus far did not promote regardless of being available on the market since February 14, 2014
4) This £1.35million two-bedroom fourth ground residence that includes 1058 sq ft of residing area is located subsequent to Tower Bridge and the River Thames in London however has did not promote regardless of being listed available on the market since March 7, 2014
5) This two-bedroom indifferent cottage within the South Yorkshire village of Hatfield Woodhouse close to Doncaster comes with a big rear backyard with outbuildings. The £280,000 ‘character property’ has been available on the market since November 25, 2014
6) A two-bedroom semi-detached home on the market in Shipley, close to Bradford, is available on the market for £117,500 and has been listed since February 2015. The stone-built property has a lounge, kitchen diner, two first ground bedrooms and a toilet
7) A 3-bedroom semi-detached home in Middlesbrough is available on the market for £89,000, having first been listed on July 7, 2015. It encompasses a decent-sized again backyard together with a contemporary lavatory and kitchen and gravelled entrance backyard
8) A £209,950 four-bedroom property within the Broadgate space of Preston has been available on the market since October 22, 2015. The terraced dwelling overlooks the River Ribble and comes with three reception rooms in what’s described as a ‘fascinating location’
9) This one-bedroom flat within the Shropshire village of Shawbirch close to Telford is available on the market for £87,950 and has been listed since December 8, 2015. It options off-road parking, a communal backyard and a leasehold with 122 years remaining
10) A seven-bedroom dwelling within the Mossley Hill space of Liverpool is available on the market for £1.1million, having first been listed on December 16, 2015. It options massive non-public grounds, two residing rooms, a designer kitchen, enormous basement and fireplaces
11) A one-bedroom retirement residence in Oxford located in 5 and a half acres of grounds is available on the market for £160,000, and was first listed on February 3, 2016. It’s positioned subsequent to a care dwelling which options emergency care and housekeeping
12) A 3-bedroom duplex on sale for £750,000 within the 23-floor Altolusso constructing in Cardiff has been available on the market since February 25, 2016. It’s the highest residential improvement in Wales and was used in the course of the filming of TV drama Torchwood
13) This four-bedroom indifferent home in Newsome close to Huddersfield in West Yorkshire is available on the market for £189,000. The trendy property encompasses a storage, a lawned again backyard and off-road parking, however was first listed on March 8, 2016
14) A two-bedroom floor ground flat within the Northam Street space of Southampton is available on the market for £149,000 and was first listed on March 9, 2016. The property is listed as already having a tenant in situ paying £8,520 a 12 months hire
15) This three-bedroom end-of-terrace home within the Bispham space of Blackpool has been available on the market for £114,950 since July 6, 2016. The property is a brief stroll from the coast and has a rear backyard which is 50ft in size together with off-street parking